February 9, 2018, Brooklyn, Michigan
Michigan International Speedway (MIS) is officially open for business. Yesterday tickets went on sale for both Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series weekends during the track’s 50th Anniversary Season. We share your excitement!
Today, the biggest snowstorm of the season is expected to hit Southern Michigan. After local groundhogs saw their shadow a week ago, more of the white stuff seems likely in the next month.
Already dreaming about summer? Why not indulge those fantasies while sitting behind your computer watching the snowflakes fall. Go online to “Lock In Your MIS Experience” at mispeedway.com and start making plans for two weeks of summer fun.
MIS 50th Anniversary
The two NASCAR Weekend Dates are set.
Friday: ARCA Racing presented by Menards + Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Qualifying
Saturday: NASCAR XFINITY Series LTi Printing 250
Sunday: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series FireKeepers Casino 400
Friday: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Practice and Qualifying
Saturday: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Corrigan Oil 200
Sunday: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
“We are excited about the 2018 season at NASCAR’s most entertaining track,” track President Rick Brenner said. “We have week-long entertainment planned in our campgrounds and fan plaza for our guests during our two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup weekends. As part of our season-long 50th Anniversary Celebration, fans can see all our rich racing history in a special car and memorabilia display.”
- Tickets start at $35 for the FireKeepers Casino 400 on June 10 and the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race on Aug. 12.
- Children 12 and under can get three days of NASCAR action starting at $15, ensuring families a weekend of fun for one low price. Children 12 and under are FREE on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Great ticket packages for groups and families looking for any experience, including a Free Food Package that comes with two grandstand tickets and two free $10 food vouchers.
- Special VIP experiences for groups of 10 or more.
- Fans can find the perfect campsite for their families and friends in any of the different campgrounds at the track starting at $160.
- PrimeSport is offering travel packages, including two or three-night hotel accommodations, round-trip transfers to the race and premium race tickets.
MISCAMPING.com has RV and all-inclusive camping packages. To purchase tickets or book camping by phone call 888-905-7223.
It’s All About the Fans
Fans can stay after the LTi Printing 250 in June for a free Saturday post-race concert featuring 38 Special. After the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race in August, The Cadillac Three will headline the free concert. All fans with a Sunday admission will gain access to the concert! The concert will take place behind Turn 3.
New Trackside Campsites
In 2018, MIS debuts a new high-end campground, seating option, ticket package and hospitality area. A new campground, Turn 1 Resort, will overlook turn’s high banking with upscale amenities. In addition, countertop seating will be added to rows in the Turn 1 Grandstands. The track is also introducing a new all-you-can-eat ticket package. Plus the track’s hospitality area moves to this spot.
Pit and Paddock/Driver Introduction Passes
Get up close with your favorite drivers, cars, and crews. Enhanced Pit and Paddock/Driver Introduction Passes are new for 2018 NASCAR Weekends. Be a paparazzi and snap your own celebrity photos.
Choose the Campsite Best Suited to Your Group
MIS campsites are tailored to the activities your family and friends enjoy most. With multiple options to choose from MIS is your summer destination for a week-long vacation in the Irish Hills.
Look to the Lasco Press
Race reports, breaking news trackside, and Live Event Coverage. Look to The Lasco Press for the best stories from our unique perspective of everything NASCAR. Features that are Fun to read.