In a spectacular production staged on the turf at Ford Field, Ford Motor Company introduced the new 2020 Ford Explorer. Ford employees, dealer personnel, and media gathered in the Southwest end zone grandstands. The playing surface was covered with a light colored carpet. Black curtains formed the backdrop and divided the field. A large centered video screen featured the Ford logo. As the presentation started the carpet served as a picture canvas and animated roadway.
Family and Travel
Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr. welcomed the gathering. He began the evening talking about family and his great-grandfather’s love of travel. As Ford completed his comments the floor of the stage transformed into a sea of shifting sand. The crowd realized a visual treat was to play out before their eyes. Clips of individuals involved with the new Explorer’s introduction played on the screen. Each speaker continued the theme of family and travel. The floor displayed picture albums of memorable trips.
Poet “Prince EA” took over the stage to talk about why Americans let so many vacation days go unused every year. Reminding everyone that we would be better served to take those days and make more family memories. Get outdoors and enjoy the great scenes this country has to offer. “We must reconnect with Mother Nature’s grace before Father Time’s expiration date.”
2020 Ford Explorer Tech
Of course, the extended introduction leads to the newly redesigned 2020 Ford Explorer. What followed was a graphic display of all the places you and your family can travel by just slipping behind the wheel. Four different versions of the SUV took turns driving across the stage. Under each one, the carpet appeared to move as if watching a road-trip from an elevated vantage point. Those in attendance loved the display.
President and CEO, Jim Hackett and Executive Vice-President, Jim Farley introduced the new Explorer. Executive Vice President of Product Development, Hau Thai-Tang talked tech.
Here are just a few of the enhancements built into the 2020 Explorer.
- Human Centric Design
- Premium Proportions with a more Athletic Look
- Improved Capability via Rear-Wheel Drive
- More Efficient and Fit 2.3L EcoBoost Engine
- New 10-speed Automatic Transmission with Electronic Rotary Shifter
- Grocery Saving Apple Catcher
- An Embedded Modem with 10-device WiFi Capabilities.
- One of Ford’s Quietest Vehicles Ever
- Front Seats with 5 Different Massage Settings
- 5,600-Pound Towing Capacity
- Superior Off-Road Capabilities
- 12.3-inch Driver’s Display
- Smart Technology Intuitive Command Center with a 10.1 inch Touchscreen
- Sync Plus Amazon Alexa App
- 980-Watt B&O Audio System, 14 Speakers with Immersive Sound
- Co-Pilot 360 Technology, Blind Spot Detection, Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Sensing System, Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Pedestrian Detection Scanning, Reverse Brake Assist
Kudos to the Explorer Development Team. The 2020 Ford Explorer will be in dealer showrooms soon. Check it out at the 2019 North American International Auto Show.
Follow The Lasco Press for Live Coverage from the Press Preview next week from Cobo Hall. Enjoy our photo gallery from the Explorer Reveal event. Watch the entire presentation in the video below, courtesy of Ford Motor Company.
2020 Ford Explorer Reveal Photo Gallery