Fenton, MI — January 29, 2020
This Sunday evening, most of America and a lot of the world will be watching Super Bowl LIV (that’s 54 for non-Romans) between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Fransisco 49ers. The game will be played at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, with the kickoff at approximately 6:30 pm.
Watch parties are a Super Bowl tradition with friends and family gathering together to enjoy the game in front of a big-screen television. This year’s broadcast is on Fox. The Super Bowl is one of the most gambled on sporting events annually, with both legal and illegal wagers being placed. It is estimated that close to $7 billion will be placed on an assortment of bets offered.
Of course, none of our readers would violate the law to participate in that activity. But some friendly wagers like, “I’ll bet you my nachos for your frosted brownie that the Chiefs score first,” could liven up your game-watching event.
Here Is a List of Crazy Bets That Will Be Offered Up on the Big Game
- How long will it take for Demi Lovato to sing the national anthem? +/- 2 min.
- Length of final word ‘Brave’ during the national anthem? +/- 5.5 sec.
- Will any scoring drive take less time than it takes Demi Lovato to sing the national anthem?
- Will the opening kickoff be a touchback?
- First offensive play of scrimmage, run or pass?
- Will either team score in the first 5 1/2 minutes of the game?
- Which team will score first?
- What will the first score of the game be? A touchdown or something else.
- Which player will score the first touchdown of the game?
- What will happen first: a sack or a touchdown?
- Which team will commit the first turnover?
- What will be the result of the first coaches’ challenge? Call upheld or overturned.
- Longest touchdown of the game? +/- 44.5 yds.
- Shortest touchdown of the game? +/- 1.5 yds.
- Total touchdowns by both teams? +/- 6.5
- Will there be a special team or defensive touchdown?
- Will there be a successful two-point conversion?
- Shortest made field goal of the game? +/- 26.5 yds.
- Will both teams make field goals of 35 yards or longer?
- Total field goals made by both teams? +/- 3.5
- At halftime, the number of Jennifer Lopez wardrobe changes? +/- 2.5
- Total kickoff returns in the game? +/- 5.5
- Total net yards in the game? +/- 781.5
- The team with the most rushing yards in the game?
- Team with more time of possession in the game?
- Team with the longest play from scrimmage?
- Total interceptions in the game? +/- 1.5
- Total sacks by both teams? +/- 4.5
- Team with the most penalty yards?
- The largest lead in the game? +/- 13.5
- Will either team score in the final 3 1/2 minutes of the fourth quarter?
- Which team will score last in the game?
- Will the game go to overtime?
If that is not enough options for you, make up some of your own. Oh, the actual betting point spread for the game? The current line is 49ers by 1.5 points. Have fun, enjoy the game, if you are out and about arrive home safe.
My Prediction: Kansas City 38, San Francisco 35