Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Lansing, MI — April 9, 2022
In a tradition that began in Michigan during the early 1970s, successful dear hunters that report their harvest of a whitetail deer receive a commemorative patch courtesy of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources(DNR).
Artists are being solicited to design the 50th Anniversary Deer Management Cooperator Patch. A true collector’s item, the patch is a coveted piece of memorabilia for Michigan sportsmen. Design submissions for the contest are due by April 29, 2022.
- All entries must either be emailed to DNR-Wildlife@Michigan.gov or be mailed to:
Attn: Emilie O’Grady
525 W Allegan St., Lansing, MI 48933
- Submissions must include the artist’s name, mailing address, and phone number.
- Anyone can enter the contest. Children under the age of 13 need a parental permission signature on the back of their submitted artwork to be eligible.
- Work must be original and submitted by the artist.
- Entries must be rectangular and no larger than 3” x 4”.
- Designs must portray white-tailed deer or white-tailed deer hunting in a Michigan habitat.
- No more than 5 colors may be used in designs.
- Please remember that these designs will be stitched out on a patch, heavily detailed designs will not be able to print correctly.
- The Michigan Department of Natural Resources logo must be included in the design.
- The following text must be included within the design: Successful Hunter, 50th Anniversary Deer Patch 2022, MI.gov/Deer
- The winner will be contacted in early June.
- The Michigan Department of Natural Resources will hold the rights to all submitted artwork.
If you have questions about the contest? Please contact Emilie O’Grady, 517-284-9453.