Holly, MI — June 9, 2023
Holly Area Schools recently recognized nine of its outstanding teachers and support staff at the 2022-2023 Staff Recognition Night. The awards ceremony is held annually to honor the key role district teachers and support staff play in preparing Bronchos for success and in-demand careers.
“At Holly Area Schools, we are fortunate to have teachers and support staff so personally invested in the achievement of our students and committed to providing them with the tools to succeed in the real world,” said Scott Roper, Holly Area Schools superintendent. “We are truly proud of these exemplary staff members and employees dedicated to our students before, during, and after school and who define what being a Broncho is all about.”
Staff recognized for the 2022-2023 school year include:
- Terri Rodgers, Davisburg Elementary childhood lead
- Kailee Hooper, Holly Elementary School teacher
- Brian Smith, Holly Middle School teacher
- Joe Walters, Holly High School teacher
- Amy Sulenski, Davisburg Elementary paraeducator
- Lisa Roth, Holly Elementary School administrative assistant
- Chris Farmer, Holly High School custodial and maintenance employee
- Devin Teague, HAS Food Service Department employee
- Michael Bishop, Holly Area Schools transportation employee
The awards were announced during the May 8 Holly Area Schools Board of Education meeting. The staff was celebrated by colleagues, friends, and family at a gathering prior to the board meeting.
“On behalf of Holly Area Schools, I’d like to congratulate each of our amazing 2022-2023 recipients and thank them for going above and beyond to provide a well-rounded, world-class education for our students,” Roper said. “We are grateful for their continued service to our school community, and each sets a positive example for our entire Broncho family.”