Warwick Hills Golf and Country Club, Grand Blanc, MI — August 18, 2023
Since the inaugural event in 2018, The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren has donated a total of more than $4.5 million in support of local charities in the greater Flint, Grand Blanc area and beyond.
In 2022 the tournament raised $1,758,196, including $440,000 for the United Way of Genesee County (UWGC). The tournament’s primary beneficiary.
2023 looks to be a banner year with the strongest field of players yet and an entertainment lineup that is sure to generate excitement equal to the thrill of competitive professional golf.
Tickets for The Ally Challenge can be purchased at theallychallenge.com/tickets. Several ticket options are available. The tournament is open to spectators from Thursday (August 24) to Sunday (August 27), and ticket prices start at $10—children 17 and under receive free grounds access with a ticketed adult. For a complete listing of ticket options, please visit the tournament website at theallychallenge.com.
The Ally Challenge will be one of the premier Regular Season events on the PGA TOUR Champions in 2023, featuring a $2,200,000 purse and leading to the Charles Schwab Cup Playoffs. A season-ending, three-tournament series used to determine the TOUR’s season-long champion.
Once again, Tournament officials have announced that complimentary admission to The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren is available to members of the United States Armed Forces (Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve, and Retirees) and veterans courtesy of Dow.
U.S. Armed Forces and veteran admission to the tournament includes access to the Dow VET Den located on the 18th green at Warwick Hills Golf & Country Club. Guests will enjoy premium golf viewing and complimentary snacks and beverages.
The Dow VET Den is open Thursday (7:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.), Friday (11 a.m.–6 p.m.), Saturday (8 a.m.–5 p.m.), and Sunday (9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.), August 24–27.
Below are the available U.S. Armed Forces and Veteran ticket options. For tickets and additional information visit: https://theallychallenge.com/tickets/military-tickets/
Active Duty, National Guard, Military Reserve Service Members, Military Retirees, and Military Veterans receive two complimentary tickets for each day of the tournament, Thursday – Sunday.
Please note that a valid Department of Defense-issued ID or photo ID must be provided. This special offer extends to family members and dependents of approved Active Duty, National Guard, Military Reserve Service Members, Military Retirees, and Military Veterans. Please note that fans 17 and under are admitted free of charge with a ticketed adult.
Tournament officials of The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren have announced that Charles Schwab Cup Money leader Steve Stricker will defend his Ally Challenge title at the sixth edition of the official PGA TOUR Champions stop in Grand Blanc.
Moreover, the world-class field will be strengthened by reigning U.S. Senior Open champion Bernhard Langer and PGA TOUR Champions major winners Retief Goosen and Mark O’Meara.
In addition, the following players have committed to participate in the 2023 Ally Challenge Presented by McLaren.
- Alex Cejka, 52, grew his collection of senior major titles with his Senior Open Championship victory last month at Royal Porthcawl Golf Club in Bridgend, Wales, bringing his PGA TOUR Champions win total to three—all majors.
- Daren Clarke, 54, has collected four PGA TOUR Champions wins, including his most recent at The Senior Open Championship presented by Rolex in 2022.
- John Daly, a two-time major champion, recorded musician, and one of the most recognizable figures in golf, will be making his fifth start at The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren. While on the PGA TOUR, Daly won five times, highlighted by the 1991 PGA Championship and the 1995 Open Championship.
- Mike Weir, 53, made his PGA TOUR Champions debut in 2020 at The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren, where he finished T27. Since then, Weir has collected one win on PGA TOUR Champions at the 2020 Insperity Invitational.
- Boo Weekley, who just turned 50 on July 23, is in the first year of his eligibility on the PGA TOUR Champions. The Florida native is set to make his debut at the Boeing Classic before making his first appearance at The Ally Challenge.
- Steven Alker, the Defending Charles Schwab Cup Champion, won his sixth career PGA TOUR Champions title this season at the Insperity Invitational to go with seven total top-10 finishes, including three runner-up efforts.
- Joe Durant counts the 2021 edition of The Ally Challenge among his four PGA TOUR Champions victories.
- Jerry Kelly is the owner of 11 career PGA TOUR Champions victories, including his 2019 win at The Ally Challenge and two majors—the Kaulig Companies Championship in 2022 and 2020.
- Paul Broadhurst, the inaugural winner of The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren, returns to Warwick Hills for a sixth time with a 69.47 career tournament scoring average.
- Jim Furyk, 53, burst onto the senior scene after becoming the 19th player in PGA TOUR Champions history to win his debut with his victory at the 2020 Ally Challenge.
- Justin Leonard, this will be Leonard’s first appearance at The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren. On the PGA TOUR, Leonard has collected 12 victories, most notably the 1997 Open Championship, in addition to being a member of five U.S. Presidents Cup teams and three U.S. Ryder Cup teams.
- David Toms, 56, will be making his sixth start at The Ally Challenge and is in the midst of his best season on PGA TOUR Champions to date. Toms is currently ranked No. 3 in the Charles Schwab Cup standings and has collected five top-10 finishes, including two victories.
In other tournament news, powerhouse sister duo Tigirlily Gold will take the stage on Saturday, August 26 to kick off the sixth annual Ally Community Concert. The concert is headlined by country music superstar and 2022 Academy of Country Music (ACM) Entertainer of the Year Miranda Lambert and anchors a full day of entertainment for the whole family.
Additionally, Michigan-based acoustic rock band Northville Folk will perform as the opening act for Don Felder at The Concert @17 presented by Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort on Friday evening, August 25, following the first round of tournament competition at The Ally Challenge at Warwick Hills’ famed 17th hole.
Access to The Concert @17, and the Ally Community Concert, require the purchase of a valid tournament ticket for the day each concert is hosted or a weekly ticket option.
On Thursday, Family Fun Night, presented by Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, takes place from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. on Hole No. 17 and in the tournament’s Fan Zone. Admission and parking are free for this fun-for-the-whole-family event. Parking is located at the Grand Blanc High School, with complimentary shuttle service provided. Family Fun Night includes free pizza and drinks—courtesy of Cottage Inn and Faygo—for youths 18 years and under, a DJ dance party, golf stations, the McLaren Chipping Challenge, plus Ally Foot Golf.
The tournament welcomes back two events to its Friday schedule that were introduced last year, beginning with the Chamber Happy Hour from 4 – 6 p.m. on Hole No. 7. This special function brings the community together at The Ally Challenge through four of the region’s Chamber of Commerce organizations.
Guests from the Flint & Genesee Chamber, Grand Blanc Chamber of Commerce, Clarkston Chamber of Commerce, and the Fenton & Linden Regional Chamber of Commerce will gather and network in this unique and inspiring setting. Participating Chamber members may contact their local chamber leadership for details.
New this year, The Ally Challenge has teamed up with legendary Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth to enhance the tournament’s annual complimentary Sunday breakfast for all fans onsite from 8:30 – 11 a.m. on August 27th. Come out with family and friends to enjoy Zehnder’s Chicken & Waffles, located between the 9th and 18th greens, near the Clubhouse to start Championship Sunday off right.
There’s something for everyone at The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren thanks to the tournament’s many fan destinations, all open to the public, ranging from live music, to enjoyable ways to view the competition, to fun for the kids, to Birdie Time is Miller Time. See below for the full list.
2023 Fan Destinations at The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren
• Birdie Time is Miller Time (located on Hole No. 17)
• Fan Zone (located adjacent to Hole No. 17)
o Ally Foot Golf
o McLaren Chipping Challenge
• Food Truck Concessions (located on Hole No. 17)
• Miller Lite Beer Garden (located on Hole No. 17)
• Mulligan’s Deck (located on Hole No. 17) featuring public seating and drink specials, including White Claw
• Kids Zone (located in the Fan Zone)
• DTE Energy Lawn
• McLaren Public Bleacher (located on Hole No. 18)
• Dow VET Den (located on Hole No. 18)
• Zehnder’s Chicken & Waffle Complimentary Fan Breakfast on Sunday (located between the 9th and 18th greens, near the Clubhouse)
The Lasco Press will be on-site every day to bring all the action and excitement.